Monday, March 14

Boston Day 7 :)

This was our fun day. We started the day with our devotional at the ABP. Then afterwards we went back to the hotel and were going to do the walking Freedom Trail Tour, the historical tour of the city with Donny as our tour guide. It was raining pretty hard so we decided to do the walking tour the next day. The ECU girls went shopping. We stared by going to H&M where after trying on oodles of clothes, I walked away with a scarf! Then we tried to walk to the Forever 21 store. The guy giving directions said we could take the T. Well we thought we could walk it, in the drizzly rain. We walked past Boston Commons, and even the concert hall where the Hillsong Concert was going to be that night. We would all loved to have gone, but the tickets were $73. So we opted out!


Our surroundings began to get slightly sketchy and we figured out we were in China Town. We redirected ourselves and ended up in a nice area. We walked past the really pretty park which I don’t remember the name of. Then we hit Newbury St. This was a really upscale shopping area. We pasted many stores: Chanel, Burberry, Giorgio Armani, & Vera Wang to name a few. Luckily, we found a reasonably priced place for lunch. At the Mediterranean place we ordered grilled octopus for an appetizer. I ordered a scrumptious pasta dish and we had a great time! I felt so under dressed and out of place with my frizzy ponytail but it was so much fun. Grace said we need to have a pack that we will be friends for life and not get married yet. She was the only one to put her hand in the middle! Ha! But really there are no prospects heading my way now anyway! :) Her point was that we needed to do fun stuff like this and travel etc. When I do get married I hope I can still have fun girls nights and weekends away!


After lunch we passed even more stores on our way to Forever 21. After seeing Kate Spade & Lilly Pulitzer I was nearly drooling. I had to tell myself, “It is good for me to not get what I want.” We finally reached Forever 21 and it was packed! After scooping out all 3 floors, my pile of clothes was weighing my arm down! In the forever long line to the dressing room I talked with 2 girls from Northeastern that were in a sorority! This is when I remembered these are my types of girls! :) (Not girls discussing Chilean pesos...)Lord as long as I work on a campus with girls who love watching tv, cooking, dressing up and eating out I will be set!


Lexie, our new friend that moved from Florida to help with Aletheia joined us for our girls day! Then after purchasing some cute jewelry we went to JP Licks for ice cream. We headed for the T and made our way back to the hotel where we freshened up. We meet up with our whole group and then went to the North End to the Italian District. We ate dinner at a restaurant the L’Esperance’s told us about. It was fun to watch the people who worked their b/c it looked like they were all related. I got lost looking for the bathroom and thought the waitress told me to go into the dark broom closet... she thought this was funny!


After a fun dinner Grace and I went out to go see her sister Dana. It took us forever. We had to ride on a different part of the T line we had never ridden before. We made it but then walked about 4 blocks further outside then we needed to, walked back and then eventually found Dana’s apartment. She goes to Boston University. Her apartment was a part of the school’s housing and was in a Brown Stone. It was really cute. It was really good to meet her and talk to her. Grace wasn’t going to see her in a while so I know she was really glad to see her and that made it special. Riding back on the subway I was surprised how non scary it was at night. All of the people riding the T looked like normal people just riding the train late which was reassuring. We got back to the hotel around 11:30 and I know papa Jones was happy.

No comments: