Monday, March 14

Boston Day 6 :)

Today was Harvard’s day where the freshmen figure out what house or dorm they will be in for their next 3 years. Most Harvard students live on campus, it’s the exception when they do not. It is sort of like Harry Potter when, there was a lot of life, camaraderie, celebrations, etc going on outside of the Memorial Hall & Science Tech Building.


I don’t know if this had anything to do with it or not, but the people we talked to on campus today seemed more open to talk.


We walked towards a section of campus we were unfamiliar with, behind the science tech building, and came across a girl there. Lord I pray she will come to know you, I don’t remember much about our conversation. Then we tried to walk near Divinity School but got lost. We found a neighborhood about a block from campus with big beautiful houses. There we meet Kirk. He was a freshman from Northern California. We had a great natural convo with him. Then we talked to another girl. Lord I pray she will come to know you. Grace and I were able to share our testimonies with her.


Our follow up meeting with a girl went well. (I had some Yerba Mata, its a type of tea I saw on the Sarah Snow show on the Discovery Channel so I was excited to try it. It had a really woodsy taste.) She had some questions for us that we tried to answer. One I remember was “What part of the Bible are we me associate with the most “~tried to tell her that the God of the Old Testament is the same as New Testament... We also tried to explain the importance of Jesus vs just living a morally good life. My favorite part was when we were able share our testimonies. After we shared our testimonies she asked where the church was again. So we told her and gave her a card and then we talked some more. Lord I pray that Ruthe will come to know you! She really was really sweet and open to talk.


Then Grace and I ate lunch at the clover. It was uber modern, delish and super fun. I have never eaten anywhere like this before. After this we went back to the church and then set up to give out free candy bars and hot chocolate again. This was fun and a good way to invite people to the church and strike up conversations. One guy asked me why we had a name for our church and why we had to differentiate ourselves from the body of Christ. I was glad Donny stepped in to talk to him, b/c I didn’t know how to discuss that and kept thinking who cares, we have to have a name to idetify what body of believers we are in the community.


Then we all walked to the Fishers house for dinner. Janna and her sister made bbq, sweet tea, and dump cake! It was all delish. Aaralyn and Elise were super cute. They were being snuggly and sweet. Then we place the bowl game. This was fun and I wrote out instructions for us to play here in Greenville!


I am honestly relieved to not go back to the Harvard campus. It was really hard just to get people to stop and talk to us. I am definitely glad we did and think the conversations we had were great but, glad to not go back. Honestly, I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb.


I didn’t mention earlier, but the first day we did evangelism on campus, Grace, Calvin and I were asked to not talk to students on the Harvard Yard again. We were actually talking with the girl we meet with today for the 2nd time. They told us we could talk to student around the Science and Tech building. The guy who told us had a golden retriever with him. His shirt only said “Landscaping Services” so he wasn’t a real security guard but we got the message. Grace later said, she wished she would have said “what authority do you have to make me leave, you are just a landscaping guy.” Ha! Well ever since that altercation, I felt like a terrorist on campus. My mind went into overdrive and I even thought their was a school-wide email sent out to warn students not to talk to us. So Day 5 on campus was not fun! I felt like I looked suspicious and that people were looking at me weird. This was not the case but how I felt! So I was so glad that today went better! Thank you Lord for sending people our way to talk to!


No comments: