Monday, March 7

Boston Day 3 :)

So I have been writing a lot about the devotionals we are doing. That's b/c for Baja, shh don't tell anyone, but I really didn't spend a lot of time reading them or mulling over what it has to do with my life. I'm not even sure I read for every day. So for this trip I knew I had to read and get as much out of it as possible. So this morning we had a great discussion about Perseverance. It was on Mueller. The devotional talked about all he did for the Lord and how he prayed for 5 different individuals to give their life to the Lord. He prayed for them for yearsssss. One man even got saved at his funeral. Talk about dedication. Many times I write a list of people to pray for and my little slip of paper gets lost or thrown out. I want to be more deliberate to pray daily (sick or not, sunny or rainy weather) for people.

Today we did a service project for the YMCA where the Aletheia church meets. We painted two different rooms and we got our project for tomorrow ready. Tomorrow we will be going to Harvard and MIT to preach the Gospel. So today we taped some cool church business cards to the back of a ton of candy bars without eating any! Tomorrow should be super fun and cold!

Grace and I left the service project early to rest b/c we were going to go babysit tonight for Adam and Hope. Grace and I just came back, napped, I showered and then got bundled up to take the T back to the Y. We saw the completed paint projects which look great! Then we walked with Adam to his home. This may have been the highlight of my day. Grace and I picked his brain. We asked lots of questions about how he and Hope started helping with a church plant in Scotland and Boston. Basically the differences on how each started. For Scotland, they heard the voice of God calling both him an his wife there. (spoke to each individually) While in Scotland for 5 years and humbly realized they were good at church planting. For Boston there were many factors that lead them here. I was interested to know that they did research on the area, learning things like many of our country's presidents & leaders come out of Harvard...

On our walk to Adam & Hope's house, Hope called to say their youngest son Cole had a 102 degree fever and that we would not be babysitting. We arrived at their home, very cutely decorated I might add, and went in for a cup of tea. Coconut Chai was delish! Loved talking to Hope and Adam, amazing couple of God. Alana, Nora Badora, and Cole are their precious children. All in all great family!

We we meet up with our team and went to Davis Square for dinner at the Joshua Tree. The little shops and restaurants were def cute. We had a fun night with the team and ended playing Morgan and Katie's alphabet game on the T!

No comments: