Friday, January 7

A little clarification and Noah

Ps. Just wanted to clarify that I have tried several times to read the Bible from cover to cover and never make it past Leviticus. I bet I have read 85% of the New Testament but prob only the first few chapters of Revelation. So I am excited to read and study more of these books! :)

It would be fun if someone joined in! I know only like 3 peeps read this but hey.... :)

And if you know some of the answers to my questions such as "what the mark on Cain was" please feel free to leave a comment. Or if you know of any helpful tools. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gen 5- 10 = Noah

~I really wonder what Noah's daughters in law thought when all of the people of the earth were wiped out. Their own mothers, fathers, siblings, friends, & other relatives were all killed by the flood. (Of course the same is true for Noah, his wife, and their 3 boys.) But thinking about getting married one day, I wonder what that would be like to be one of the three daughters in law. What must have all of them on the ark been thinking when they knew all of their friends and family were no longer alive.

-How awful it must have been to stay on the ark for a whole year.

-What did the do all day?

-What type of bathrooms?

-Did they have their own rooms or private quarters?

-What is Noah's wife's name? ( I know the culture was different but would still love to know these ladies names) :) She did live with her husband on an ark for a year and as far as the Bible says I'm imagining she was cooperative? But who knows! :)

-What was it like to get off of the ark after a year? Then knowing they were the only people on the Earth. The Bible does not talk about their dialogue or even what Noah's wife thought. This would have def made for a good reality tv show! :)

This website offers more info about the flood.

Gen 8: 21: "The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart; "Never again will I curse the ground, because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood." Bam!! Proof against the whole "Good people" philosophy most people have.

Gen 9:2 "The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air."Wonder what that was like to live beforehand, when all of the animals weren't afraid of humans. It makes me think about the scene in ELF when Buddy tries to hug the raccoon. I wonder if the people forgot that animals were now fearful, went in for a hug, and got attacked. :)

Questions answered about food God wants us to eat:
Gen 9:3 "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Cool we can eat more foods now but why now and why??:)

Would love to do a further study on Noah's early descendants but found this diagram that helps tremendously for now!

No comments: