Monday, January 24

Getting Back in the swing & Smelling Good!


Sorry I have been a little MIA! "Work" aka campus ministry stuff is back in super full swing now! :) I will continue writing about the Bible! I am now in Job. It has been hard to think of what to write about Job, but I will post about that soon!

Right now I wanted to blog about something of no eternal value.... Perfume!

Perfume is always a big Christmas gift for people. So smelling people's new scents is always fun and reminds me of all of the perfume I have worn in my life. And thinking about each perfume, brings memories of each time period!

Here is my perfume timeline:

First one I remember wanting and asking for was Vanilla Fields. This was from Middle School Days. I still can't believe I used to wear this! This reminds me of Mendenhall Middle School, lockers and wearing overalls!

This was 8th grade! I wore those braces a long time!
Next came Tommy Girl.

This is also from that middle school, early high school era! Would love to smell it again just to bring back memories! :) It makes me think of shopping at the Dillards at the Carolina Circle Mall when it was closing. The store looked like it was abandoned and there were just racks of clothes from every season to sift through. It was fun but took forever! We would take my grandmother Memaw which slowed the process tremendously! :) Anyway, I did buy one "prom dress" from there that I wore to a twerp dance for $60. (Found a picture of the dress, wish Hunter & Jesse weren't cut out of the pic)

Around this same time period came my love for Gap Scents. Grass was intriguing. But who would want to smell like that? Om was interesting as well! My favorite was Heaven.
I wore Heaven for a long time off & on. Even in college, and this past fall I bought some at the outlets in Myrtle Beach. My sister always wore Dream. So this one is dear to my heart too.
Not sure when I started wearing Happy. But it was a favorite for a while. It is such a "sweet" scent. This one went to ECU with me!
I think Gap So Pink came next. This was def. a "college scent." It reminds me of Lindsey Duvall, now Vaughn! (Except her love affair was with Ralph Lauren Blue.) I lived with her at the beach with her grandparents one summer! So I'm sure we bought it at the Myrtle Outlets. It reminds me mostly of crazy class stories, staying up late writing papers and the like! :)
Then came a love for "fancier" perfumes! Coco Chanel Chance was delightful! This reminds me of living in the ZETA house and getting dressed up for all of the cocktails, the Deb ball, and Lindsey and Tamie for sure!

My love for Ralph Lauren Cool started at our an Every Nation World Conference back prob in 2005 ish. I remember walking down the Down Town Disney shops with Heather and probably Lindsey and Erika. We popped in a perfume shop and I fell in love! I didn't actually buy it until a few years ago but luckily found it at Ross, love it, and still wear it to this day. I wear it more in the summer.

Not sure why, but the next scent I bought was the Lacoste Pink. Not as pretty a scent, but wore it some. I def had this during my student teaching days.


The only picture on my computer of around that time!

My current fave is this hot mama! Coco Mademoiselle. This was a Christmas present from my parents two years ago. I wear it a lot in the winter and is such a "pretty" & grown up scent to me! Fitting because I am both of those things! :)

I feel like I'm getting old. Is it possible to have worn this much perfume? :)


Ps tried adding more pictures but was having a hard time, will do it later! :)

1 comment:

Our Family said...

hahahahah!!!! This blog cracked me up. I am glad various scents reminded you of me. haha.

A perfume that stuck out to me was Sunflowers. I wore that perfume forever!!! I was in love with it...

And by the way...I am still wearing Ralph Lauren Blue. I love that stuff!!