Sunday, April 28

Conferences this Past Year

Our ECU Crew at Campus Harvest!
The month of February was filled with conferences. First was our annual Campus Harvest. This is in Durham, NC for our college students. We took 60 students from East Carolina to join the crow of 700 students from Virginia, Tennessee, & North Carolina. It was a fun weekend where tons of students gave their lives to the Lord, 6 from ECU got baptized, and 6 from ECU felt called into full time campus ministry. 

Cute girls! Rachel on left is one girl I mentor that got water baptized!!
Rachel getting Baptized!
Grace and I had an awesome opportunity to speak during one of the break out sessions. We talked about "Being Set Free and Sent Out." It was about receiving healing to be able to go out and do all that God has called you to do! We just talked about how to practically recieve healing and how their really is no formula. For me it has just been through time spent with Jesus, praying and worshiping to music in my room and reading my Bible. I have also received healing during church, worship nights, conferences, Harvest Institute, the EN School of Ministry, the School of Empowerment, going to Christian Counseling, reading Christian books, reading novels, watching movies and so much more! 
Seriously one time I really felt like I was supposed to watch the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Target was selling it at the time for $5 so I bought it and watched it. Well there was this one scene between a couple and I just balled. God was dealing in my heart about how I could be loved and have a Godly relationship. God is awesome in that He knows our hearts, what will "speak to us" and He uses that for His purposes!! 
All of us Campus Ministers!
The weekend following Campus Harverst, a group of our Young Professional ladies (and friends) went up to the DC area to the Rethink Singleness Conference! This semester I am helping to lead a Young Professional's women's Bible Study with two friends at our local church. Our group combined with two other groups (a coed and a guys group) make up the new Young Professionals group at our church! It has been fun to get the ball rolling and I can't wait to see all that God does through the YP ministry!
All of us with Lynette! We felt like celebrities b/c she posted this picture on her blog! 
I love Ron and Lynette's love story. They are Pastors in Raleigh, NC and NYC.  Lynette was 40 when she got married. Her book Remember the Roses is a must read! It talks all about her journey with the Lord navigating singleness and how her love story unfolded.

Well the conference was awesome. I felt like I was in their living room, eating some popcorn, pilled up on the couch listening to their every word. It was really encouraging!! We also heard dating advice, always a fun topic!
Hanging out with all of these awesome ladies was amazing as well! I am so thankful that God has surrounded me by such great friends! Any season of life is much easier when you have fun friends to go through it with!
Me and Elissa!
One of my best friends in the world was there! We didn't know for sure if each other were going to be there!  So, I was so plesantly surprised to see her at the conference! Elissa and her best friend Janice flew up from Texas to be there that weekend. It was great to spend time with her! Phone calls and facetime are great but nothing beats actual face to face time!!

All in all two awesome conferences!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Canon Printer Support Number is a platform providing one stop solution to all of your printer related queries. With the issue being presented in front of your eyes, our professionals then rectify and correct it in real time right in front of your eyes in a time constraint as low as possible. Moreover, we are present throughout the day at +1-888-621-0339.

Canon Printer Support Number