Saturday, September 15

Spring Wrap Up!

So it's been a while.... A long while!
With Bella and Elissa in Miami! They are also campus ministers here in the USA!

The rest of the Miami trip went really well! I came back to life as normal for a little while. Then the next big event in my life was ,,, Campus Harvest where I had the opportunity to speak on a panel during the main session! I was super honored but nervous too!

Our ECU Gang at Campus Harvest!

Right after Campus Harvest I went to stay with my mom Sunday night and Monday. An hour and a half after I had gotten back to Greenville after driving back from Greensboro on Monday, I got a call saying my mom had been in a car accident and was in the hospital! I had all of my clothes in the washing machine and was exhausted so I went to Greensboro the next morning. My mom stayed in ICU for a few days with a total hospital stay of a week. She had a broken neck (in two places) and sacrum (right above your tail bone). It was scary to see her in the hospital hooked up to all of the machines. Every day she got better and then was able to go home!

The month of April my sister and I drove back and forth to Greensboro to take turns staying with my mom! This was a crazy, emotional time but I was so thankful that my mom was OK and alive! Oh I forgot, the day before the car accident, my mom's house sold (the house I grew up in)! So looking after my mom, packing the house, sorting through my possessions was a lot! My mom has a great support system and lots of people who brought food and came to help! My friend from elementary school, Hunter, also came over to help!
One of the "Gems" I had to part with! Made this in interior design class at Page High School!
Wasn't expecting to find this gem in the attic! (1980's Lilly Pulitzer)

In the middle of all of that, one of my besties got married! Christie and Ryan have been together for so long that it was fun to see them finally "tie the knot!"

Bridesmaids with the Bride! Me, Kayla, CHRISTIE, Victoria, & Christina!
The beautiful dress!


Christina and I having a photo shoot on the Yankee Hall grounds! :) We felt like Southern Belles!
Well we got my mom all packed up as the school semester here at ECU was winding down. We had our annual end of the year party at the bottom of the hill and end of the year planning/evaluation meetings. After all of that, I was able to take a few days off, then I started raising support for the summer. This went well and I am super thankful for all of the ministry partners I was able to see! I love having awesome people support what the Lord is doing at ECU!
Our Campus Staff at East Carolina went to the beach for a mini staff bonding trip!

No comments: