Friday, November 4

What you wanna know?

Hi I’m Laura.

I’m linking up today with Kelly’s Korner!

Here’s a little bit about myself.

I am 27.

I have lived in North Carolina my whole life (except for a two month stint in Nashville).

As a freshman at East Carolina, I gave my life to the Lord over Christmas break!

I felt called to campus ministry shortly after I got saved, but tried to ignore it…

I pledged Zeta Tau Alpha and lived in the house for one year! That was enough! Ha but loved the sorority!

Majored in Elementary Education with a concentration in Psychology .

I did my student teaching in 2nd grade in Farmville, NC! I loved the kids but was stressed out the whole time!

So I decided to actually listen and did an internship in campus ministry after graduation.

Loved it!!

Went to Every Nation’s School of Campus ministry= 2 month stint in Nashvegas!

Meet awesome people, saw Carrie Underwood at Grand Ole Opry, learned much about ministry, learned how to raise support and grew closer to Jesus!

Grew even closer to Jesus while raising support!

Came on Staff at Victory Campus Ministry at East Carolina Fall 2009.

Feb of 2010 was blindsided by my parents separating.

Felt pretty “down” for months.

Cried.

Prayed.

Grew even closer to Jesus.

Learned that Jesus is there even when you think life sucks.

Learned that when you minister to others, your own heart is ministered to!

Also learned to laugh again!

Went on a mission trip to Baja Mexico and saw poverty and God do miracles!

Got my own little apartment and felt like a grown up!

My heart began to heal all the way and felt alive in Jesus more & more every day!

Remembered that I was silly! Cause I do like to be silly.

So I'm just a single girl living this life of mine for Jesus and enjoying every minute of it! It hasn't always been peachy but hey who ever said it would be!

8 comments:

Shoshanah said...

Just stopping by from Kelly's Korner and I wanted to say hi! I think your blog is so cute. I love the name, the design, and the background, and I'm glad that I found my way here!

Allison said...

I found your blog through the blog hop! I love finding other ECU bloggers out there! I can't wait to read more!

Kelley said...

Found you on Kelly's Korner! Love your background! So cute! Thanks for sharing your story! :)

Kaitlin said...

I also found you through Kelly's Korner! I love your blog and your story was neat! I would LOVE to move to NC. Where do you recommend? I'm from FL, but love, love, love cold weather and snow!

Alison @ Welcome Sunshine Home said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I live in Maine and my hubby and I have daydreamed and talked about moving to NC since we vacationed there in 2003. Six years ago I was thisclose to packing our bags, enrolling in the ECU MBA program, and moving to Winterville...I had contacted a real estate agent and everything. :) But, something came up with family and we ended up buying a house in Maine instead. Maybe I'll still make it to NC and ECU someday! I never did start that MBA...

Alison
http://welcomesunshinehome.blogspot.com/

P.S. I like your quilt blog background. I recently got back into quilting (3 done and 2 WIP so far!) but I haven't blogged about them yet.

Leslie said...

Found you through Kelly's Korner. Looking forward to reading more!

www.thematthewmorganfamily.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

Found your blog on Kelly's Korner! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to reading more.

Amy said...

Found you through Kelly's Korner. Don't have a blog--just like reading:)

I grew up in Greenville and just graduated from ECU in May...mom lives in Farmville so I know exactly where you taught at;)

I actually recognize a few girls in your pictures from VCM....i went there for a few Thursday nights but it was too big for me!

Do you know Rebekah I.? I grew up with her and I know she was very involved at VCM.

Looking forward to reading more1