Monday, November 7

Lately!

Lately I have been into all things domestic! I am already pretty domestic so I'm not sure what is going on! :) I have cleaned my apartment and cooked up a storm!

Oh wait maybe it's because I started reading Farmer Boy in the Little House series (the 1950's copy from the local library! ha!). Seriously the copy of the book is soo old but I love the sweet stories. The quality time the family spends together. How they make everything from scratch etc. I could go on and on, but all I know is these little 4th grade readers are good to my soul and help me fall asleep with a clear head! (The book actually says grades 3-7 ages 8-12) :)
What I've been cooking:
crock pot mexican chicken
peanut butter rice crispy treats
sweet tea (which I haven't made in forever, used to be a staple in my fridge that I started cutting out! but now it might be back in!)
and the kicker... amish friendship bread

I have been wanting to make amish friendship bread for a while and finally got around to it today! I isn't hard at all. I just didn't know what recipe to use because I have only ever made it before when someone gave me a starter.

(the first starter)
So tonight I made my own starter. I think it would be really neat to keep this going for a while. I have a friend whose family has had the same "batch" for a long time. I think it would be neat to start a tradition like that!

I love that this will be something I can share with neighbors and friends. I think I want to double the bread batches and bake them in the mini bread loaves, so that way I can freeze some starters and give a few away.

Let's see how it goes! :)

No comments: