Saturday, May 18

What I've Been Up to Lately!

School is out for the summer! Which means my day-to-day schedule/life as I know it changes quite a bit! So here is what I have been up to lately!

I came home the Thursday before Mother's Day to go hear a comedian with my mom and aunt! Jeanne Roberson. She is hilarious and one of my favorite public speakers because she makes you feel like you are in her living room listening to stories! She has tons of videos on youtube. This is my favorite, entitled "Don't send a man to the grocery store." She isn't male bashing but explaining the difference between left brain and right brain,,, (it is also called elsewhere, "Left Brain's Grocery List."

I just love listening to her! I was one of the youngest people at her show! Tons of senior citizens were there and it was a prime people watching night! She is popular among people who love Southern, clean comedy. Which includes myself and 70 year old!

While at home I have also been doing lots of things on my "Greensboro list."Things like getting my great grandmother's china, washing out old mason jars from my grandparents basement to decorate with, cleaning silver, buying fabric for a chair for my room in Greenville etc. I have gotten most things on my list done. This is how I have cleaned my silver.  With aluminum foil, salt, baking soda, and hot water. I love pinterest for these type of what I call "old lady secrets."

But the main reason I am in Greensboro is to meet with all of my ministry partners! I have been meeting  with as many as possible! I am so thankful for all of the people who partner with me in ministry! Together we truly are changing lives! I love the opportunity to share what is going on at ECU and invite people to be a part of it!  I am speaking at a church tomorrow and I was getting my notes together and came across this blog post which is a great summery of why I love campus ministry so much!

I have just a few more days in Greensboro, so I am trying to make the most of it. Tonight I am going to have a wild night of playing cards with my mom, my aunt, and a few of my mom's friends! ;)

No comments: