Saturday, February 27

40 Days Without Kelly's Korner and Counting!

So I used to read Kelly's Korner all the time! I loved that blog and even read her mom's blog. In all honesty, my love for her blog started by just wanting to read about a lady who has gotten all of the things my heart longs for and to hear her story.

I felt like the Lord was telling me to fast Kelly's Korner during our Break Through 40 fast. I can tell you that every day I really did not fast, I was just not reading the blog. Some days I really did fast, though I'm not even sure I know that number.

During the "fast" what I felt like the Lord was saying to enjoy my life, enjoy the things I do have, while I'm waiting for the things I do want. You know what, I'm happier, I don't think about the things I don't have as much. I realized I really do enjoy my life and am glad to have this season to really pour out to the VCM girls. No I'm not perfect and my life isn't but I enjoy it and It's fun because I can enjoy it with Him! I feel like the relationships I do have have gotten stronger. I also feel like I am way more productive! Most importantly I feel like my relationship with Him is stronger and I feel way more peace in my life!


Ps. i was going to try to find a picture of them, not by going on her blog, but found this blog post about them, it pretty much sums things things up: http://www.startyourfamily.com/2009/04/from-the-nicu-to-home-kelly-stamps-on-motherhood

No comments: