Sunday, November 29

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving came and went! I love the holiday and had a wonderful time at home with family in Greensboro. This year I had a little cold so just felt worn out and out of it. I think just going and going has sort of caught up to me! But I did have a great time and as always, staying at my parents house is wonderful and relaxing. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures.

One thing I did do was plan, organize, and collect things for our Christmas decorations at church in Greenville. I am helping with the decorations this year and am so excited! I even cut down trees for the occasion!! (yes, that's right!). My Aunt Janette and I walked in the wood out at Memaw and Da's house and cut down about 10 cedar trees. (It really wasn't hard, J had a hand saw.) Then friends from Greenville, Mark and Pam came by and loaded them in their minivan to Gvegas!! I also collected some things from Memaw and Da's house. My favorite was going through Memaw's Christmas decorations for myself and for church. I have a lot of Christmas decorations for a single girl! I even left one Tupperware box in Greensboro!

I will post pictures later of the sanctuary and my loaded up car (actually borrowed my mom's jeep and it is and was filled to the brim!).

Probably the highlight of the weekend was spending time with my parents, sister, family, and friends. Gala (my mom's friend) and Suzanne (a childhood friend) came by Friday night. It was good to see them. They used to live in Greensboro, now they live in Atlanta. They told lots of funny stories and as always, laughed really hard!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

the church is going to look awesome with you in charge! :)